Capacitive sensing is not suitable for large screen because it is much more harder to doing tasks on such a big touch-screen. The solution to this is to utilize IR Detection Technology. This is how it works:
- Created: Tuesday, 25 July 2017
Some actual implementation of IR detection technology for reference:
1. Large touch-screen (above 32 inches):
- Shoots the laser at the whole screen
- When fingers touch the screen, the sensor will detects this action and then calculate the x/y axis of fingers.
- Next, the sensor sends this x/y axis to a paired PC. Finally, we can interact with this screen.
This means that you won't need a touch-screen. IR Detection Technology can do the same job!
2. Laser Projection Keyboard
Nowadays, Smartphone is common from all corners of the world. It's not rare to accidently type wrong wrods on a small smartphone screen. Therefore, we invented the Laser Projection Keyboard. It is so small that you can put it in a pocket, effortlessly. The big enough keyboard layout makes typing easier and faster. As we metioned before, this is the fastest IR detection technology and energy-saving approach with the Diode Array Detector.
3. Sterile Manipulation(input) for medical use
This is the great technology to avoid potential infection from touching for hospital and clinic use. The sensitivity of detection is also adjustable for customization.
4. For self-driving car use
Takes advantage of CMOS Image Sensor to detect the ambient situation near the car to avoid an unexpected incident.
5. Kinect Games (Kinect is a line of motion sensing input devices. It detects users motion via a webcam directly, so a game controller is no needed.)
Kinect will retrieve the x/y/z axis(a 3D place) with IR Detection Technology. It enables gamers to interact with games in real time.
It enables robots to collect ambient situation to make them interact with the situation.
LASER PROJECTION TECHNOLOGY
Many products adopt laser projection technology in marketplace. The most famous projection technology is called Digital Light Processing(DLP), which is owned by Texas Instruments(TI). Japan is an early pioneer of LCD Projection. In addition, Taiwanese and American companies mainly adopt LCoS (Liquid crystal on silicon) for projectors. Those technologies are suitable for various purposes, such as fast moving pictures, and clips. Yet,the drawbacks are
- High energy consumption
- The size of projectors are too big to carry elsewhere
- The production cost of projectors is very expensive
If you would like to project some fixed pictures with fairly low power consumption, the IR Projection Technology is absolutely your best choice. This technology is build with precise microstructure. How it works?
- When laser shoots through an optical component, the light will be bended to many tiny photons(light as prticles).
- According to various depth and shape of microstructure, these photons will finally links together to be different pictures.
The IR Projection Technology really helps to produce a small, and power saving gadget for mobile devices.